Sunday, February 27, 2011

Rag Quilt mini class

My RS had a little mini class for those who wanted to learn how to make a rag quilt. I, of course, jumped at the opportunity. I love crafting, and always need social time with other women, so this class was PERFECT! There were only about 10 women who showed up, and we were all spread out across teh gym at the church--2 per table so we all had plently of working space.

Here's what mine looks like right now. I did all the cutting and sewing in about 2 hours. (I knew if I didn't get it done that night at church it wouldn't get done.) Shuan came to Joanne's and picked the fabric out with me for our baby-to-be. We tried to get more gender neutral stuff since we don't know what gender the baby is yet, but the more I worked on the blanket the more it looked like a boy blanket to me. Oh well.



Here's a close up of the fabric:



It's not done yet, obviously, but it's close. To complete it all I would need to do is sew around the edges and cut the lines so they will frey when washed, and it'd be done. I came home and showed Shaun, and we decided it would look better with a border, so I'm going to add that before sewing up the edges. I just need to get more fabric.

I told Shaun I was thinking about sending this blanket to Hailee (my sister) since she's having a boy, but he wants to keep it for our kid because he likes it, and we picked the fabric out together. Sorry Hailee--I'll make you a different one! =)

I'll make sure to post a picture of the finished product if it ever gets done. haha

For instructions on how to make these quilts, click here.

Something just seemed to be missing after the above photos, so I added a border. Finished product (still needs to be washed to get the full frayed affect):

No comments:

Post a Comment