Sunday, October 10, 2010

Project 4: Two-leaf Table

I found this table at an "indoor garage sale" in Wamego, KS. It was in the back room piled on some other stuff he hadn't marked for selling yet. I asked what he wanted for it, and he said "That thing? You want that table? It needs a LOT of work!" That was EXACTLY why I wanted it!



At first, the table looked like an antique, but the stand for one of the leaves was broken. I wanted to fix the stand and strip and polish the table for my front room. After the stripper didn't work, I looked more closely, and there's no way it's an antique! I decided to toss the leaves (they were warped anyway), and paint the base the same color as my wrought iron table and chairs. It's now on the deck to set my pots on. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment