Friday, July 30, 2010

Project 2: Wrought Iron Patio Furniture (in progress)

So, I've been looking for a table and chairs for my third-story deck. It's not very big, so we need something that will fit and not take up too much space, but look good at the same time.

I went to a thrift store called "Grand Ol' Trunk," and couldn't believe what I found. It's EXACTLY what I've been looking for... for $10/set! Needs a bit of TLC, but soon it will be good as new!



Well, it's done after 2 1/2 months. I couldn't find the right diamond-pressed iron...stuff for the table topper, so I found a wooden one instead. It works great! The best part is that I can always take it off if I want to change it up later on. I repainted everything a darker green, and I need to make cushions for the chairs now, but other than that I'm FINALLY done! What do you think? I'm going to make cushions and matching table cloths/runners for each season... maybe each holiday. No one sees it but my hubby and I, but I like to see it and know it's something I gave new life to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment