Friday, July 30, 2010

Project 1: Kitchen Hutch

I had a fun project this last week. I was out garage-saling with Joan (MIL) Saturday (Jul 3) and found an UGLY, but AWESOME hutch. I instantly saw its potential and fell in love. With the help of my MIL, I decided to get it.  (Hutch: $40)



Monday (Jul 5--no work due to Independence Day observance)I bought the primer and paint and wiped it all down. Tuesday the primer went on. Wednesday the first coat, and part of the second went on. Thursday the painting was completed, and I put the new hardware on, but I had the wrong type of hinges so I couldn't finish until Friday after getting new ones. I had so much fun redoing the hutch!
(Paint and hardware: about $30)


The microwave now sits in the it, and my cookbooks fit perfectly in the side cupboard. Not to mention my punch bowl in the bottom cabinets. Check it out!!! (Total: about $70)

No comments:

Post a Comment